Tuesday, November 27, 2007

STOKED / Ghosts of WCVT 89.7fm Towson

Sorry but for me, Mr. Lee and a half-handful of others who know about WCVT 89.7FM Towson - every new comment on my original post makes me go apeshit. So here's the apeshits. akf;akd;jfka;dfka;df

I wish they would give me contact info though! I'm so desparate for similar old tapes from this station that I'll do *almost* anything. But anyways - still thankful for connecting people who were involved and schooling strangers who had no idea of it's magnificent yet short-lived obscure existence.



Skizz said...

I was going to say, "I bet that's PJ Dorsey's show." (Hey PJ, good to run into you online!) I worked there too, from 1984 until a few months before it went off the air in 1991. There's a WCVT MySpace page now: http://www.myspace.com/wcvt

WCVT had 10,000 watts - I used to get requests from the Eastern Shore and Reston, Virginia. Cut-funding isn't what killed the station. It was just a format change (WTMD is the same frequency, same transmitter, same studios, etc.). I could bitch for hours about it... I've been doing it for years.

November 27, 2007 2:15 PM

SKIZZ, thanks so much for the myspace linke! hit me with an email or something!


And another one - same day!

Anonymous said...

I read your entry on WCVT and that was a great story. Since I live very close to Towson I was intrigued and wanted to find out more about the history of it. I posted on a local messageboard and got a great response. I hope you find it helpful.

Here's the link to the messageboard topic:
http://www.beatbots.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?num=1195916957/0#3


wow.

1 comment:

Klenderfender said...

After much browsing I came across your jungle postings! Good stuff.

Do you by chance have 28 Gun Bad Boy buried somewhere? Or any of the juice box singles?

Or those old compilations by XL Recordings entitled chapter one, two, etc?

Nice one rude bwoy!